Friday, February 12, 2010

"Famous"

Ah I am back to playing on Twitter and I've gotten bored already. These "Stars" can't be bothered with their fans. They rarely tweet back to them. I can just imagine the response if the account tweeting them said Celine Dion or something. (Shut up, I'm Canadian and she can SING Hah!!)

And now...I'm bored with Twitter.

I have another guilty little pleasure that I will not keep a secret. Justin Bieber. Yep. Little angel voice/face that is reserved for screaming tweens who all believe that they will someday make a connection with him and have songs written about and for them. His voice has yet to change and I am curious as to what will come of him when it happens however, my perfect pitch has yet to flinch when I hear him live. That, never goes away. Unless he becomes deaf but I digress. He is young. Very young. And one of Diddy's babies. That alone scares me. I have seen the ugly of this business. That is apart from the drugs, alcohol, addictions and all the rest of the shit that comes with. The exhaustion, loss of self respect and self love...self awareness. Such talented people have been destroyed by the need of greatness. MJ adored his fans and they worshipped him...but the business killed him. And he was brilliant.

Oh my fuck...watching the new We are the world...They put MJ in and Wyclef is singing Creole. Delish Delish Delish!! Forgive me...I have completely lost my train of thought.

Anyway...this is a great opportunity for the US to realize that we actually exist. It was nice to see them speak of how we were the first to storm the beaches of Normandy, that we were the first in WWI, II and pretty much every war that has plagued our kind since colonization here. That we have electricity and not only communicate by smoke signs and drawings in the snow-Snow that is non existent this year...

This new year has started out with quite a few challenges. T finally got over an ear infection and Scarlet Fever (I thought that illness had died out in the 40's-That's my girl, get whatever disease that no one gets) last week and...her nose is runny yet again. Her adaptation to daycare has gone much better than I had anticipated and we have enrolled her in school even though the thought of leaving her alone to fend for herself out there makes me want to throw up.

Work has started and I must say, I have a wonderful group of people surrounding me.

My cello has been screaming at me from it's current position in it's case and I feel the urge to play more each day. Even the piano has been somewhat dusted. The darkness that was suffocating me seems to be less opaque. I pray that it keeps going this way.

Now, back to the opening ceremonies, my fireplace and some hopefully awing moments.

More later.

1 comment: