Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mommy Catch 22

As a working mother, there are times where I think to myself; "My God can I just have ONE hour of time to myself with no one to think about?" I doubt that I am the only one in this situation. Longing for the ability to go pee without a cute faced toddler saying "Mamaaaaaaaa are you doneeeee" as you see the bathroom door handle being rocked back and forth slowly, little fingers on the other side gripping it in anticipation.

My daughter has been gone for less than 48 hours to visit with her Mamie and Papi (with her father) and I am climbing the walls not knowing what to do with myself.

My mind is even more swept up in thoughts and worries, hoping that they are feeding her well, that she is enjoying herself, that she is sleeping adequately. Because we all know that grandparents have no idea how to take care of children... ::.Smirk::

So while I should be relaxing and taking time to myself, I am antsy and counting the days until I make my departure to meet up with my gorgeous angel...

A mom's work/happiness is never done is it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment